Le Roi des Lions
'Twas an interesting day. Work was too sticky for my liking. Too much humid air, not enough air conditioning. Was awkwardly hit on by an Indonesian/Filipino fellow who strangely, through his psychotic English, managed to compare me to The Lion King (???). What the!? I took it as a compliment, thinking to myself I was cute, like Simba. Simba was cute right? Anyway, I welcomed a message from Paulina, asking what my plans were for the evening, and even though I was interested in uniting my arse with my mattress, I felt compelled to get out and just have fun.
Turned out that Joel and Marty were fishing down by the Maribynong river, so after some frantic packing up at work, I threw on shorts and a singlet and Paulina and I went down to the river to meet the boys. I loved the little picnic area, so peaceful, so calming. We had the meat, the bread, the onions, the sauce and the wine, and chowed down. We spoke a lot... Well Paulina and I did, Joel and Marty kind of just listened. New Years Eve, children, boys, lifestyles, friends... It really was a perfect evening. Good company, good food, beautiful night.
I'll just write it out. We're taking a break. I don't exactly know how long it will be. All I know is that I need to sort myself out before I take on anything else. It feels like I can't seem to trust anyone these days, not even myself, and until I can learn to just give up and let go, I don't feel like expressing to anyone how I feel, or taking on the responsibility of nurturing someone else emotions.
Turned out that Joel and Marty were fishing down by the Maribynong river, so after some frantic packing up at work, I threw on shorts and a singlet and Paulina and I went down to the river to meet the boys. I loved the little picnic area, so peaceful, so calming. We had the meat, the bread, the onions, the sauce and the wine, and chowed down. We spoke a lot... Well Paulina and I did, Joel and Marty kind of just listened. New Years Eve, children, boys, lifestyles, friends... It really was a perfect evening. Good company, good food, beautiful night.
I'll just write it out. We're taking a break. I don't exactly know how long it will be. All I know is that I need to sort myself out before I take on anything else. It feels like I can't seem to trust anyone these days, not even myself, and until I can learn to just give up and let go, I don't feel like expressing to anyone how I feel, or taking on the responsibility of nurturing someone else emotions.
2006 was a tough year for me. Perhaps drug-like. And now I'm coming down.
Time to watch The Wedding Planner.
iTunesNowPlaying : Beyoncé _ Listen

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home