Monday, February 05, 2007

Tous Pour Moi

Less than 24 hours to go. I have just over 15 more hours of being 21. *sigh* What have I done? Where have I been? Anyone who looks over the photos on my i-Pod would see what a year I've had. Love lost, love gained, love lost. Music. Candy. Partying. Endless amounts of laughter, limited amounts of pain. Growth, experience, lessons taught.

When I was younger, I always imagined what my year as a 21 year old would be like. And honestly, the year that has been, hasn't been too different from what I imagined. I've grown a lot since I was 20. That 20 year old naive romantic still exists, is still who I am, but now I realise that with being a naive romantic, you have to learn to roll with the punches, deal with the consequences, and not complain. Being complacent makes you bitter. And there is no reason in life, nor the time, to be bitter. You have to realise when your expectations are unrealistic. You need to dream and know your limitations at the same time.

*sigh*

I'm spending the last hours of the glittering year sighing. Perhaps I'm tired. In the good way. I'm happy. I really am.


iTunesNowPlaying : Madonna - Holiday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home