Who Knew
I'm writing this blog in frustration. I'm frustrated with people who can't see the bigger picture. It's funny really. Someone I know has had the audacity to attempt to forge a friendship with me. You may say, 'yeah, so?' But let me finish.
They've stabbed me in the back. Sorry, correction, they are stabbing me in the back. Repeatedly.
So you see, I'm somewhat confused by their attempt to (as primary school lingo goes) 'be my best friend'. I guess they're trying to save face really, because the person doesn't realise that everything comes back to me. I hear it all. All the words, the gossip, the breaking of trust. And for me to realise this perpetuation by someone who I thought was my friend, is a true revelation of reality and how trust is always something of the past*.
You learn to choose your friends wisely. I was taught by my mother. Every so often, I'd make a mistake. Now is one of those times.
And you try to get into my life. Into the lives of people around me. You surround yourself with fragments of me. It's all a little 'single white female syndrome', don't you think? I'm tired of sharing my life. Time for someone to get their own.
* You'll always have trust in retrospect. You don't 'trust' in the present, you take a chance. But when you look back, you can analyse. If the chance you took on someone was successful, it's defined as trust. If it was a failure, then to some extent, 'trust' was broken.
They've stabbed me in the back. Sorry, correction, they are stabbing me in the back. Repeatedly.
So you see, I'm somewhat confused by their attempt to (as primary school lingo goes) 'be my best friend'. I guess they're trying to save face really, because the person doesn't realise that everything comes back to me. I hear it all. All the words, the gossip, the breaking of trust. And for me to realise this perpetuation by someone who I thought was my friend, is a true revelation of reality and how trust is always something of the past*.
You learn to choose your friends wisely. I was taught by my mother. Every so often, I'd make a mistake. Now is one of those times.
And you try to get into my life. Into the lives of people around me. You surround yourself with fragments of me. It's all a little 'single white female syndrome', don't you think? I'm tired of sharing my life. Time for someone to get their own.
* You'll always have trust in retrospect. You don't 'trust' in the present, you take a chance. But when you look back, you can analyse. If the chance you took on someone was successful, it's defined as trust. If it was a failure, then to some extent, 'trust' was broken.

1 Comments:
he stood by with more loyalty than you deserved while you were making your own post-Relationship mistakes, and now you begrudge him his own, because he didn't separate cleanly enough when you'd had done with and cast him aside? you're a class act, dxxn.
Post a Comment
<< Home