Saturday, January 06, 2007

Chaud Comme le Feu

Whoa. It's fucking hot. A scorcher of a day, turned out to be one of the toughest days I've ever had at work. I started work at 11, a little late, only because my area manager thought it was appropriate since I was staying an extra three hours due to being short staffed. Everyone is sick. By 11 it was already feeling like 30 degrees. And my beautifully pressed white shirt was already sticking to me and my necklace given to me by Imma was scratching at my neck, screaming to be taken off.

Walking into work, was like walking into a glass sauna. It was hotter inside than out, as our air conditioners are screwed... Something about a broken compressor. The rest of the day consisted of many customers, some pricks, some top VIP's, which meant a lot of arse kissing. By 4pm, the head spins were taking their toll, my suit pants were saturated in my perspiration and my legs felt like they weighed a tonne.

Come 9pm, and the late change still hadn't arrived. I felt like I was dying. But I knew I couldn't complain. I figured that it was better that I was going through this than my staff, I didn't want to kill their morale. So I sucked it in, and worked through the day.

Andy picked me up and we headed home. I was dreaming of a cool bath, so that's what I did. With some awesome Aveda products, I locked myself in the bathroom with some lit candles, soft Joss Stone for ambiance, and a lukewarm bath, with minimal bubbles. It was exactly what I needed.

After drying off and returning to my room (where Andy had graciously set up the air conditioning for my good night's rest) we sat and watched The Wedding Planner. Feeling a little peckish, I began to crave cooked prawns like a pregnant woman... with vinegar, salt and pepper. Just as my mum used to serve them when I lived at home. So we went on a trek to find them. During which, I realised how much I love Air-Conditioning. A love affair that will no doubt last all summer. Safeway on Lygon St. was heaven sent. We found prawns and all our added extras, grabbing some Mini Calippos as well before heading back to Park Drive.

What a great night after such a taxing day. A cool bath, Jennifer Lopez, prawns, Will & Grace, and an air-conditioned bedroom. A perfect Summer's night.


iTunesNowPlaying : Beyoncé Featuring Sean Paul _ Baby Boy

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really enjoyed it...

Saturday, January 06, 2007 6:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home