Si Vous Pourriez Seulement Voir...
Christopher.
A lot has changed in a year. As much as my money is all over the place, and at 22, I wish it were more organised or 'asianised', I do believe I'm in the process of making the right steps. Even though perhaps I'm still a little to self-indulgent and luxurious, the grip on my wallet is gradually becoming tighter. Who knows...
My family has become by basis of strength. My relationship with my father is more of a really close friend. My mother has become an incredible beacon of hope and reinvention. My sister has become my best friend. We accept each other unconditionally. And we know where we stand with each other.
Though my friends may not realise it through my, at times bizarre nature, I do treasure them more than anything else. We've been through a lot in the past year. They've been there every step of the way, held my hand, and pulled me up. Given me a push. Held me back. And for that, I thank them. I'm still here.
Claudemaus.
So a year ago I made a resolution to meet more people, be in contact with more friends and double my salary. After my 21st, I gave being social a good shot, and to say I haven't achieved anything would be a lie. I have more best friends than I ever have, my communication, albeit staggered, is still there. My friends no longer tell me that they thought I'd died. As for my salary, yeah, I made a good shot of doubling my salary, achieving probably a 75% pay rise. That sense of 'dream on, dream on' is now something I've realised to actually be achievable. Now I want more. Time to change jobs, and set myself up for greater opportunities of ladder-climbing.
Dean.
I'm still that boy. The boy that writes and talks so much shit, but still has an excruciatingly troublesome time at expressing his emotions. Luckily, I have support around me. I don't feel so lonely anymore, and my direction is more guided, which is what I've needed. Every step is still mine though. And for me, myself alone, I know the feeling of security and steadiness is just around the corner.
If you could only see...
Never... stop... moving...
iTunesNowPlaying : Jay Z Featuring Beyoncé - Hollywood
A lot has changed in a year. As much as my money is all over the place, and at 22, I wish it were more organised or 'asianised', I do believe I'm in the process of making the right steps. Even though perhaps I'm still a little to self-indulgent and luxurious, the grip on my wallet is gradually becoming tighter. Who knows...
My family has become by basis of strength. My relationship with my father is more of a really close friend. My mother has become an incredible beacon of hope and reinvention. My sister has become my best friend. We accept each other unconditionally. And we know where we stand with each other.
Though my friends may not realise it through my, at times bizarre nature, I do treasure them more than anything else. We've been through a lot in the past year. They've been there every step of the way, held my hand, and pulled me up. Given me a push. Held me back. And for that, I thank them. I'm still here.
Claudemaus.
So a year ago I made a resolution to meet more people, be in contact with more friends and double my salary. After my 21st, I gave being social a good shot, and to say I haven't achieved anything would be a lie. I have more best friends than I ever have, my communication, albeit staggered, is still there. My friends no longer tell me that they thought I'd died. As for my salary, yeah, I made a good shot of doubling my salary, achieving probably a 75% pay rise. That sense of 'dream on, dream on' is now something I've realised to actually be achievable. Now I want more. Time to change jobs, and set myself up for greater opportunities of ladder-climbing.
Dean.
I'm still that boy. The boy that writes and talks so much shit, but still has an excruciatingly troublesome time at expressing his emotions. Luckily, I have support around me. I don't feel so lonely anymore, and my direction is more guided, which is what I've needed. Every step is still mine though. And for me, myself alone, I know the feeling of security and steadiness is just around the corner.
If you could only see...
Never... stop... moving...
iTunesNowPlaying : Jay Z Featuring Beyoncé - Hollywood

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home