Appréciez
A lovely, strange, complicated and traumatic evening. It was Andy's 22nd Birthday today. We had planned for the past week to have a small shin-dig with dinner and a movie. Being Andy, making a choice as to what to eat, where to eat, what to watch and where to watch it, was quite troublesome, so it was left up to me to try and form some sort of coherent planning for the evening. A suggestion was put forward by Andy to eat at Crown in the foodcourt... Um... No.
Imma and I decided to just stay in the local vicinity, and go to 'The Pub' adjacent to the Village Box Office. We didn't want the usual over-the-top-$100-per-head-Crown-restaurant, so during the day, I had made a booking, without knowing who exactly would come, as RSVP-ing was left late. We also planned to watch Casino Royale (since Andy and Imma hadn't seen it and always said they wanted too).
Upon arrival, I realised I had made the stupid mistake of leaving my wallet at home... And being Crown Casino, I wasn't really allowed anywhere, with me looking all of 12 years old. But it was okay. We decided on Blood Diamond for our movie of the night, as Gold Class Bond was sold out, and while the violence made me hesitant (I really love J.Lo films now more than ever), I didn't really mind what we did, as long as Andy was happy.
The movie, left me speechless, even shocked, but in a good way. I can't say much else, except that Leonardo DiCaprio's South African accent sucked. The movie was excellent. As much as I hate violence, I was really impressed with this film.
After the movie had it's happy ending, we drove Daniel and Scotty home to Prahran, and cruised our way back to Park Drive, in the beautiful warm weather that has beset Melbourne. These are the nights to treasure, as you realise summer is upon us and it's time to stay out late and party. And drink.
Imma and I decided to just stay in the local vicinity, and go to 'The Pub' adjacent to the Village Box Office. We didn't want the usual over-the-top-$100-per-head-Crown-restaurant, so during the day, I had made a booking, without knowing who exactly would come, as RSVP-ing was left late. We also planned to watch Casino Royale (since Andy and Imma hadn't seen it and always said they wanted too).
Upon arrival, I realised I had made the stupid mistake of leaving my wallet at home... And being Crown Casino, I wasn't really allowed anywhere, with me looking all of 12 years old. But it was okay. We decided on Blood Diamond for our movie of the night, as Gold Class Bond was sold out, and while the violence made me hesitant (I really love J.Lo films now more than ever), I didn't really mind what we did, as long as Andy was happy.
The movie, left me speechless, even shocked, but in a good way. I can't say much else, except that Leonardo DiCaprio's South African accent sucked. The movie was excellent. As much as I hate violence, I was really impressed with this film.
After the movie had it's happy ending, we drove Daniel and Scotty home to Prahran, and cruised our way back to Park Drive, in the beautiful warm weather that has beset Melbourne. These are the nights to treasure, as you realise summer is upon us and it's time to stay out late and party. And drink.
Happy Birthday Andy. Good Times. *muah*
iTunesNowPlaying : Stevie Wonder _ Never Dreamed You'd Leave In Summer

1 Comments:
love the good times, love you. thanks for a great evening *muah*
Post a Comment
<< Home