Le Coeur Ou Cerveau
Written : Wednesday 7th March, 2007 9.14pm
So. Is it happening? What I believed would so occur? Isn’t it amazing, the way the mind will subconsciously prepare yourself for something that, as much as it’s not wanted, seems like such an inevitability that you can’t help but believe ‘yes, this is going to happen, and yes, I’ll be fine when it does’. Through this blog entry, I’m not validating that I’m not fine because it has happened, although I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed, I’m just realising that deep down, on another level, it felt like it was expected. Oh, the grandeur of life.
Written : Wednesday 7th March, 2007 10.13pm
And, I was wrong. As per usual. Doubt is a dirty thing. And not in the Christina Aguilera way. It always makes one question the validity of their ‘relationship’ (albeit non-defined). Tugging the war between heart and mind, doubt allows the mind to have the upper-hand. It’s the ‘I told you so’ to love. It’s so excruciating for the heart to constantly be on the defensive, in the hope that the idealism of romanticism and ever lasting love, actually does exist. So when will we know? And who wins in the end?
Heart or mind.
Guest Blogger : Paulina
Written: Wednesday, 7th 10.22 pm
The influence of doubt. I swear, in relationships, its like bacteria. A little bit of it is essential to survive, but too much of it makes you sick. It’s not jealousy that ruins relationships, nor is it distance or misunderstandings or the lack of affection – its doubt. Once it inches itself into the nooks and crannies of what exists between two people involved with each other, it’ll stay there until it eats away the entire thread that keeps you together.
Doubt wraps itself around you like a cat, it’s like the devil whispering bullshit in your ear when you least want it. The only weapon against it is this thing normal people call trust. Can you buy it with love, or money, or lies? Does it grow from the beginning when you make a commitment and does it run out, over time, like sand through your fingers when you’re not gripping strong enough? Or is it earned, like respect, after you’ve proven yourself that you’re worth trusting, and he’s worth the risk of being broken by betrayal?
The only way you achieve true happiness is to risk being completely cut open.
So. Who wins in the end?
Neither. Your heart wins in sporadic moments when it soars above all the problems and issues of life and you feel like you’re part of something bigger. Or just part of somebody. But in the end, when it ending, when its ended – your mind has run a thousand miles of doubt and hurt and confusion and its lost. And your heart? Your heart.
Your heart would rather be your mind.
So. Is it happening? What I believed would so occur? Isn’t it amazing, the way the mind will subconsciously prepare yourself for something that, as much as it’s not wanted, seems like such an inevitability that you can’t help but believe ‘yes, this is going to happen, and yes, I’ll be fine when it does’. Through this blog entry, I’m not validating that I’m not fine because it has happened, although I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed, I’m just realising that deep down, on another level, it felt like it was expected. Oh, the grandeur of life.
Written : Wednesday 7th March, 2007 10.13pm
And, I was wrong. As per usual. Doubt is a dirty thing. And not in the Christina Aguilera way. It always makes one question the validity of their ‘relationship’ (albeit non-defined). Tugging the war between heart and mind, doubt allows the mind to have the upper-hand. It’s the ‘I told you so’ to love. It’s so excruciating for the heart to constantly be on the defensive, in the hope that the idealism of romanticism and ever lasting love, actually does exist. So when will we know? And who wins in the end?
Heart or mind.
Guest Blogger : Paulina
Written: Wednesday, 7th 10.22 pm
The influence of doubt. I swear, in relationships, its like bacteria. A little bit of it is essential to survive, but too much of it makes you sick. It’s not jealousy that ruins relationships, nor is it distance or misunderstandings or the lack of affection – its doubt. Once it inches itself into the nooks and crannies of what exists between two people involved with each other, it’ll stay there until it eats away the entire thread that keeps you together.
Doubt wraps itself around you like a cat, it’s like the devil whispering bullshit in your ear when you least want it. The only weapon against it is this thing normal people call trust. Can you buy it with love, or money, or lies? Does it grow from the beginning when you make a commitment and does it run out, over time, like sand through your fingers when you’re not gripping strong enough? Or is it earned, like respect, after you’ve proven yourself that you’re worth trusting, and he’s worth the risk of being broken by betrayal?
The only way you achieve true happiness is to risk being completely cut open.
So. Who wins in the end?
Neither. Your heart wins in sporadic moments when it soars above all the problems and issues of life and you feel like you’re part of something bigger. Or just part of somebody. But in the end, when it ending, when its ended – your mind has run a thousand miles of doubt and hurt and confusion and its lost. And your heart? Your heart.
Your heart would rather be your mind.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home